Jets pull away to top Canucks for ninth straight time
- Kyle Connor had a goal and an assist when the Winnipeg Jets defeated the Vancouver Canucks for the ninth straight time, 4-1 at Bell MTS Place on Friday.
- Jack Roslovic, Mark Scheifele and Adam Lowry scored, and Connor Hellebuyck made 32 saves for the Jets (9-7-1), who scored four unanswered goals and extended their point streak to four games (3-0-1).
“I think as the game went on we just got better all around,” Connor said. “More speed, I’m sure you hear [coach Paul Maurice] talk about it. I think that’s when we’re at our best. The hands follow. You start to think the game at a higher pace, and you see plays more often too.”
- J.T. Miller scored, and Thatcher Demko made 31 saves for the Canucks (9-5-3), who are winless in their past three (0-2-1).
“We had eight games in a row where we got points (Oct. 20-Nov. 5), and this game might have been one of those games where we might have got a point,” Canucks coach Travis Green said. “You’ve got to be honest with your team. They didn’t play last night and we did, and we played a pretty good hockey game.”
NHL Highlights | Canucks vs Jets – Nov. 8, 2019
- The Canucks last defeated the Jets on Dec. 20, 2016, a 4-1 victory at Vancouver. …
- Connor has seven points (two goals, five assists) in his past four games. …
- The Canucks are 1-2-2 in their past five games after going 8-1-1 in their previous 10. …
- Vancouver defenseman Alexander Edler had three shots, three blocks and two hits in a game-high 25:58 of ice time. …
- Canucks defenseman Tyler Myers had five shots, two blocks and was minus-1 in 19:54 in his first game against the Jets since signing a five-year contract with Vancouver as a free agent July 1.
- He played the previous five seasons with Winnipeg. … Jets forward Joona Luoto played 8:43 in his NHL debut.
Sources & Credits: Darrin Bauming / NHL.com, WIN Jets, VAN Canucks