Faksa, Stars top Avalanche for fourth straight win
- Radek Faksa scored two goals for the Dallas Stars in their fourth straight win, 4-1 against the Colorado Avalanche at American Airlines Center on Tuesday.
- Jason Dickinson and Corey Perry scored, and Ben Bishop made 36 saves for the Stars (8-8-1), who have won seven of their past eight games after starting the season 1-7-1.
“I think hockey’s about confidence, and we have lots of confidence right now,” Faksa said. “We knew we had a great team. We had to just put a puzzle together, and we did it the last eight games. We have to just keep going and keep winning because it’s hard to make playoffs in this league.”
- J.T. Compher scored, and Philipp Grubauer made 34 saves for the Avalanche (8-5-2), who are 0-4-1 in their past five games and have scored two goals in their past three.
“We haven’t started well in the last four or five games,” Colorado forward Matt Calvert said. “So it’s nothing new to us. It’s something we got to figure out in here as a team. We’ve got to raise the bar and expect more of ourselves.”
- Colorado has lost seven of its past nine games in Dallas (2-6-1). …
- Avalanche forward Nathan MacKinnon did not have a point for the second straight game after beginning the season with a 13-game point streak. …
- Stars forward Blake Comeau played in his 800th NHL game.
- A scary incident took place as John Klingberg took a puck to the neck from a Nikita Zadorov shot.
Sources & Credits: DAL Stars, COL Avalanche