HeadStrong: Mental Health and Sports
- Robin Lehner has been a successful goalie in the NHL.
- Last season, he led the Islanders to the playoffs and won the league’s Masterson Trophy, given to the player who exemplifies perseverance and dedication to hockey.
- Lehner’s mental health issues led to a diagnosis of bipolar 1 with manic phases.
- It was made five weeks into his rehab treatments after he had a panic attack on the ice while playing for the Buffalo Sabres.
- Lehner’s hope is that by revealing his personal struggles, it may help someone dealing with a similar situation.
Sources & Credits: NBC Sports, NHL
Please follow and like us: