Connor, Jets rally past Golden Knights for OT victory
- Kyle Connor scored 3:22 into overtime, and the Winnipeg Jets defeated the Vegas Golden Knights 4-3 at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday.
- Mathieu Perreault scored twice, Connor had two assists, and Laurent Brossoit made 23 saves for Winnipeg (8-7-0).
- The Jets were coming off a 3-2 win at the San Jose Sharks on Friday.
“Every game is a little different,” Connor said. “We know we can do that; we’ve done that a couple of times. We’ve just got to get to that game for a full 60 minutes. We’re a pretty scary team. If we defend well and don’t give up much, that’s where we’re going to get our offense.”
- The Jets have won three of their past four (3-1-0) and went 2-1-0 on their three-game road trip.
- Winnipeg forward Patrik Laine had an assist and seven shots on goal in 19:32 after missing the previous two games with a lower-body injury.
- Jonathan Marchessault, Max Pacioretty and Nate Schmidt scored for the Golden Knights (8-5-2), who lost their second consecutive game after leading by two goals (5-4 in overtime to the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday).
- Malcolm Subban made 35 saves.
“We played 30 minutes well, and we played 30 minutes not good, and that’s just not going to be good enough,” Schmidt said. “I know we get points, and that’s all fine and dandy and everything, but it’s just not good enough when you have two-goal leads and both our goaltenders have played as well as they have the last couple of games. It’s really frustrating as a group to have that happen.”
- Golden Knights forward Alex Tuch left the game at 2:10 of the second period after taking a hit from Jets forward Adam Lowry.
- Tuch missed the first 13 games of the season with an upper-body injury sustained in a preseason game Sept. 27.
- Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant did not have an update. …
- Jets defenseman Tucker Poolman left the game at 18:49 of the first period with an upper-body injury.
- Maurice did not have an update. …
- Winnipeg defenseman Neal Pionk led all skaters with 29:04 of ice time. …
- Jets forward Bryan Little had his point streak end at four games (two goals, three assists). …
- Lowry had three shots on goal in 11:50 in his first game since serving a two-game suspension for boarding Calgary Flames defenseman Oliver Kylington during the 2019 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic on Oct. 26. …
- Subban started in place of Marc-Andre Fleury (illness). …
- Golden Knights center William Karlsson had two assists, giving him five points (three goals, two assists) in his past four games. …
- Vegas forward Mark Stone had an assist, giving him 12 points (six goals, six assists) in 11 games.
- Adam Lowry laid a heavy hit on Alex Tuch, and on the very next shift Ryan Reaves took the faceoff against him, squaring up for a heavy weight bout.
Sources & Credits: Danny Webster / NHL.com, WIN Jets, VGK