TWO-WAY CENTER TRADE OPTIONS FOR THE OILERS
- Allan Mitchell of the Athletic believes the Edmonton Oilers are in need of another two-way center.
- Possible trade options include the Ottawa Senators’ Jean-Gabriel Pageau, the Winnipeg Jets’ Mathieu Perreault or Jack Roslovic, the Calgary Flames’ Mark Jankowski or the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Nic Petan.
- Mitchell considers Jankowski the most attractive choice.
- Pageau is slated to become a UFA next summer.
- If the Senators shop him it’ll likely be closer to the Feb. 24 trade deadline when they could find more suitors and possibly better offers.
- Mitchell suggested dangling a defenseman like Kris Russell or Matt Benning to the Jets.
- Either one will entice the Jets to part with Perreault or Roslovic.
- They won’t improve the Jets’ porous defense.
- Calgary seems an unlikely trade partner but they did swap Milan Lucic and James Neal during the offseason.
- It would depend the Flames’ roster needs and whether the Oilers are willing to meet that price.
- Mitchell wrote this piece before Petan was assigned to the minors.
- He’s not on the Oilers’ radar.
Sources & Credits: Allan Mitchell, The Athletic, Spectors Hockey
Please follow and like us: