NHL Insider Says Babcock Wants Spezza Traded.
- It was supposed to be a nice depth signing and story from the summer.
- Hometown boy Jason Spezza signing a one year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs, adding some depth and playing possibly his final NHL season for his hometown team after spending the majority of his career playing for rival Ottawa.
- However from game one, things fell apart.
- Head coach Mike Babcock made Spezza a healthy scratch during the home opener which was considered a slap in the face.
- According to Dave Pagnotta of the Fourth Period, things have not gotten better.
- The NHL insider reports that along with Nic Petan, Martin Marincin and Nick Shore being available through trade, Babcock would be pleased if general manager Kyle Dubas would ship Spezza out of town.
- While Spezza is far from first line player he was with the Senators, he’s still a capable NHLer and can play every day.
Sources & Credits: David Pagnotta, Letsgoleafs
Please follow and like us: