SHARKS NEED HELP BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Jared Clinton from The Hockey News believes the San Jose Sharks must find a solution to their goaltending problem before it’s too late.
- Martin Jones and Aaron Dell have struggled since last season.
- Clinton acknowledged there’s no blue-chipper available in their system and no clear-cut option in the free-agent market.
- They also have limited salary-cap space.
- Jones’ contract ($5.75-million annual average value) and declining play makes him difficult to move.
- Nevertheless, Clinton feels they must do something to address this problem, even if it’s a cheap short-term solution.
- Jonathan Quick of the Los Angeles Kings is the only noteworthy goalie mentioned in recent trade rumors.
- Unfortunately, he’s performing no better than Jones and Dell.
- Sharks general manager Doug Wilson could be forced to remain patient in hope better options become available in the coming weeks.
Sources & Credits: Jared Clinton, The Hockey News, Spectors Hockey
Please follow and like us: