The wild are testing the market for Kevin Fiala
- Kevin Fiala could be on shaky ground with the Minnesota Wild.
- The 23-year-old winger has been a healthy scratch twice this season.
- According to Elliotte Friedman, his talent and favorable contract should make him a good fit with the Wild but they’re going to see what out there in the trade market.
” Coach Bruce Boudreau indicated the winger would be back in the lineup soon, “because we could use his offence,” but it’s clear this marriage is shaky.
It’s a tricky scenario because he hasn’t even been there a calendar year, and was acquired by a previous GM. He’s talented, and the contract is not prohibitive. In a perfect world, he’s part of the solution in Minnesota. But, they’re going to see what is out there.”
- Fiala had a 23-goal, 48-point performance in 2017-18.
- If he can’t find his footing with the aging Wild he could regain his form with a younger club.
Sources & Credits: Elliotte Friedman, Spectors Hockey