A girl went viral for giving her warmup pucks away to kids at a Wild game. She got a special thank you from the Zuckers.
- At a recent Minnesota Wild game, three young kids were waiting against the plexiglass during warmups hoping to get some pucks from their favorite players. Eleven-year-old Emily Wiltzius had the chance to take home two but gave them both away to the two boys next to her.
- Carly Zucker, a media personality and wife of MN Wild player Jason Zucker, saw the video on Twitter and asked for information on how to connect with the family.
- Emily’s generosity left her without any pucks from that game–but she wouldn’t go without a gift for long.
- Mats Zuccarello threw a puck over the glass, which was caught by young Emily, who gave it to one of the boys next to her. Zuccarello threw another one, which the first boy caught, and handed back to Emily in thanks–which Emily promptly gave to the crying little boy between them.
“By first glance, they looked young, so I just wanted to give the pucks away,” she said later.
- The Zuckers got Emily and her family tickets to the game and met with them afterward.
- The gifts she received included a basket of signed pucks, one from each player on the Wild.
Emily showed the definition of kindness at a #mnwild game by offering not one, but two pucks to young fans around her. 👏
— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) October 27, 2019
- Emily and her sister also got to take photos with Matt Dumba, Jason Spurgeon, and Emily’s favorite player–surprisingly, not Zucker–but rather, captain Mikko Koivu.
- The Zuckers are involved in many charitable causes, especially GIVE16, which raises money for various organizations and opened a suite at a children’s hospital.
Sources & Credit: Brennin Weiswerda, RMNB