COULD THE SENATORS SHOP BOBBY RYAN?
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun wonders what’s next for Senators winger Bobby Ryan after he was a healthy scratch on Sunday.
- He’s their highest-paid player but he isn’t producing.
- His contract would make him difficult to trade.
- Garrioch doubts there’s much of a market for the 32-year-old winger.
- Hailey Salvian of the Athletic also considers Ryan’s contract too expensive to move.
- He’s signed through 2022-23 with an annual average value of $7.25 million.
- Salvian feels it would take packaging Ryan with a first-round pick to make him palatable in the trade market. With the Senators in the throes of a rebuild, that’s something they shouldn’t do.
- Ryan has a modified no-trade clause listing 10 preferred trade destinations.
- Given his cap hit, age, and declining production, I doubt the Senators would find many takers.
Sources & Credits: Lyle Richardson, Bruce Garrioch, Hailey Salvian
Please follow and like us: