Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog out indefinitely with a lower-body injury
- As the Colorado Avalanche try to make it through the schedule without All Star winger Mikko Rantanen, the team has been dealt another blow as it appears they have lost captain Gabriel Landeskog for an undisclosed length of time.
- The team was off yesterday, but we should get more of an update later today when Coach Bednar addresses the media after practice.
- Landeskog has three goals and seven assists through 11 games so far this season.
- The injury leaves Nathan MacKinnon as the only healthy member of the team’s superstar first line.
- Despite the Rantanen injury, the Avalanche coaches have been reluctant to break up the second line of Joonas Donskoi, Nazem Kadri and Andre Burakovsky – unfortunately, it seems like that might be a necessity at this point.
- A top line of MacKinnon, Burakovsky and Compher might be a good solution.
- We are likely to see a forward recalled from the Eagles later today.
Sources & Credits: Elliotte Friedman, Tom Hunter, Mile High Hockey
Please follow and like us: