Nashville Predators reportedly sign Roman Josi to 8-year extension
- Roman Josi is set to make the big bucks.
- Josi, the Predators captain, was set to become an unrestricted free agent following the 2019-20 season. He reportedly signed an 8-year, $9 million AAV contract extension, keeping him in Nashville through 2027-28.
- The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun reported that the deal includes a no-move clause and makes him the third-highest paid defenseman in the NHL, behind San Jose’s Erik Karlsson and Los Angeles’ Drew Doughty.
- P.K. Subban of the New Jersey Devils also has a $9 million AAV but his contract is only three years.
- The nine-year Predator was drafted by Nashville in the second round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He currently ranks sixth in franchise history for games played with (574) and fourth in points (361) and assists (263).
- This season, Josi has five goals and eight assists in 11 games. He is on pace to score 37 goals in an 82-game season, which would blow out his career season-high 15, something he has done twice in his career (2014-15 and 2018-19).
Sources & Credits: Pierre Lebrun, JACE MALLORY, Sporting News
— FOX Sports Tennessee (@PredsOnFSTN) October 29, 2019
Please follow and like us: