Buffalo Sabres vs. Arizona Coyotes | FULL Shootout – Oct. 28, 2019
- Conor Garland had a goal and an assist for the Arizona Coyotes in a come-from-behind 3-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres at KeyBank Center on Monday.
- Carl Soderberg scored for the Coyotes (7-3-1), who trailed 2-0 in the first period. Arizona has won six of seven games, including three of four during their road trip.
“We had a trip like this at the end of [last] year that kind of cost us the playoff spot, so all these trips are going to be important,” Garland said. “They’re hard trips for any team going out east or teams coming out west, so to go 3-1, that’s a big-time road trip.”
- Darcy Kuemper made 24 saves through overtime before stopping all three Sabres he faced in the shootout.
- Nick Schmaltz scored the only goal in the tiebreaker.
- Jack Eichel scored on his 23rd birthday, and Carter Hutton made 42 saves for Buffalo (9-2-2), which lost for the second time in six games and had its season-opening five-game home winning streak end.
- Arizona came back to win consecutive games after trailing by multiple goals in each for the second time in its history (March 18-20, 2010, against the Florida Panthers and Chicago Blackhawks).
- The Coyotes defeated the New Jersey Devils 5-3 on Oct. 25 after falling behind 2-0. …
- Eichel’s goal moved him into a tie with Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers and David Pastrnak of the Boston Bruins for the NHL lead in power-play points with nine (four goals, five assists).
Sources & Credits: Heather Engel / NHL.com, ARI Coyotes, BUF Sabres