Senators’ Ryan to be healthy scratch vs. Sharks
- Ottawa Senators forward Bobby Ryan will be a healthy scratch against the San Jose Sharks on Sunday night, head coach D.J. Smith told reporters, including The Athletic’s Hailey Salvian.
- Ryan will be replaced in the lineup by forward Filip Chlapik, the team’s 48th overall selection in the 2015 draft.
- The 32-year-old Ryan in the fifth season of a seven-year deal, which carries a cap hit of $7.25 million.
- The veteran has just one goal and three assists through 10 contests this season.
- He’s seen his role reduced and is averaging 12:36 minutes of ice time per game.
- This is only the second time Ryan has been a healthy scratch in the last 12 years.
- He was left out of the lineup in January 2017 by former Sens coach Guy Boucher.
Sources & Credits: Hailey Salvian, The Score
Please follow and like us: