LATEST ON THE SENATORS
- Bruce Garrioch reports Senators general manager Pierre Dorion is working the phones in search of forward depth but his best bet could come from within the organization.
- Garrioch cites three league executives claiming the pickings are slim in the trade market.
- He said Minnesota Wild forwards Kevin Fiala, Joel Eriksson Ek, and Ryan Donato are on the market.
- Garrioch also listed Tyler Toffoli but believes the Los Angeles Kings’ pending UFA is a likely trade-deadline candidate.
- He also said the Pittsburgh Penguins have some forwards they’d like to move.
- For what it’s worth, Minnesota Wild GM Bill Guerin is preaching patience despite his club’s poor start, claiming he won’t make any panic moves.
- Toffoli is more likely to be moved near the Feb. 24 trade deadline if the Kings fail to re-sign him.
- All of the reports out of Pittsburgh claim the Penguins want to move a defenseman like Jack Johnson or Erik Gudbranson.
- They’ll have to make some room once sidelined forwards Evgeni Malkin, Alex Galchenyuk, and Bryan Rust return to action.
- However, they could do so by demoting forwards Sam Lafferty and Adam Johnson, who are waiver exempt.
Sources & Credits: Ottawa Sun, Bruce Garrioch, Spectors Hockey
Please follow and like us: