Auston Matthews’ disorderly conduct case
- Patrick Marleau just confirmed he knew about Auston Matthews’ off-ice legal problem.
Marleau on Matthews: “I don’t think he thought it was going to be as big an issue as it has become.
- Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews faces a disorderly conduct charge stemming from an incident on May 26, in his hometown of Scottsdale, Ariz.
- It was not made public until The Toronto Star obtained a copy of the police report, filed May 28 by a security guard who works at Matthews’ apartment complex.
- The report alleges that Matthews and a group of friends attempted to open car door as she sat inside completing paperwork at 2 a.m. local time.
- This led to a confrontation between Matthews’ group and the guard during which Matthews allegedly pulled down his pants.
- Matthews did not speak top the Leafs regarding the incident until after it became public knowledge on Sept. 24; general manager Kyle Dubas only learned of it through social media.
- With all that in mind, here is everything we know about the circumstances surrounding Matthews’ charges.
Sources & Credits: Rosie DiManno
Please follow and like us: