Updates on Taylor Hall and the New Jersey Devils
- Pierre LeBrun expects the agent for New Jersey Devils winger Taylor Hall to meet with general manager Ray Shero within the next two weeks.
- The dialogue between the two sides has been very transparent, including almost daily communication between Hall and Shero.
- The winger, however, is nowhere close to deciding on taking negotiations to the next level.
It was a pretty quiet summer and then his agent, Darren Ferris, didn’t meet with Devils general manager Ray Shero during training camp. Not a whole lot since then, but my expectation is that Darren Ferris will meet face-to-face with Ray Shero sometime in the next two weeks, I think the first week of November to resume that process. I should say, by all accounts, the dialogue has been very transparent between all the parties involved including almost a daily communication between Hall and Shero. But there’s some urgency here. The Devils are off to a slow start, this is a huge decision for this franchise, but until frankly decides that it’s time to go to the next level in this process, he really holds all the cards. And right now he’s nowhere close to a decision.
Pierre Lebrun, Insider Trading, TSN
- Hall could be waiting to see how things pan out for the Devils this season before reaching a decision.
- Money and term won’t be an issue for the Devils.
- It will come down to whether Hall believes the Devils are building a true Stanley Cup contender.
Sources & Credits: Pierres Lebrun, TSN, Spectors Hockey