Florida Panthers vs. Nashville Predators | FULL Shootout – Oct. 19, 2019
Barkov leaves game with undisclosed injury
- Barkov left Saturday’s 3-2 win over the Predators with an undisclosed injury, George Richards of The Athletic reports.
- He played just two shifts in the game.
- The team did not provide an update on Barkov’s status following the game.
- The injury occurred very early on in the evening and saw Barkov go down on a non-contact play.
- Of course, Florida losing its top center, for any amount of time, isn’t good news and would leave the team having to fill a gaping hole in its lineup.
- For now, the Panthers will keep their fingers crossed and hope it’s nothing too serious.
- Still without a goal in 2019-20, Barkov had been producing at a near-elite clip entering Saturday’s contest, putting up six assists in seven games to start the year.
Panthers recover, defeat Predators in shootout
- Sam Montembeault made 25 saves through overtime and three more in the shootout for the Florida Panthers in a 3-2 win against the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena on Saturday.
- Vincent Trocheck scored the only goal in the shootout for Florida (3-2-3), which has a point in five straight games (2-0-3).
“We didn’t play our best throughout some of the periods of the game, but we stuck with it,” Panthers forward Brett Connolly said. “We knew we were going to have to grind it out tonight, and we did. We stuck with it and we got the two points. We need points right now. We need to get some wins.”
- Kyle Turris and Roman Josi scored in the third period, and Pekka Rinne made 28 saves for Nashville (4-3-1), which has lost three of its past four games.
“We battled all night,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said. “We had a difficult time actually getting the puck on net. A lot of blocks and a lot of pressure coming as we were trying to approach the net. You’re heading into the third period and you’re down two goals, give our guys a lot of credit battling back and tying it up. … I thought we played hard in the third to come back and get a point.”
- Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau’s point streak ended at six games (three goals, five assists). …
- Nashville forward Filip Forsberg missed his second consecutive game because of a lower-body injury.
Sources & Credits: CBS Sports, Robby Stanley / NHL.com, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators