Connor Hellebuyck’s new mask is the perfect Winnipeg tribute
New season… new mask! 🤩
You’ll see Connor Hellebuyck sporting this new design this season!
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) September 12, 2019
- In the weeks leading up to a new hockey season, fans are always treated to a whole slew of exciting reveals.
- Oftentimes, some of the more artistic pieces in hockey are donned by the teams’ netminders, and it’s always right around now that they begin to reveal what their masks will look like for the upcoming season.
- Yesterday, Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets revealed his mask for the upcoming season, and it’s a thing of beauty.
- The mask, designed by Steve Nash (not that one) of Eye Candy Custom Airbrushing, features a beautiful nod to the bitter Manitoba winters that the Michigan native has become accustomed to.
- It would also perfectly accent the Jets iconic playoff ‘whiteouts’.
- Hopefully for Winnipeg fans, they’ll be seeing a lot more of the white this year.
Winnipeg Jets’ Hellebuyck talks playoffs and his pregame rituals | Off the Ice with KT | NHL on NBC
Top 10 Connor Hellebuyck saves from 2018-19