P.K. Subban on Devils Media Day
- It was a huge summer for the Devils, as they were gifted the No. 1-overall pick in the draft and took American center Jack Hughes, then added flamboyant defenseman P.K. Subban in a blockbuster trade the next day.
- They also signed rugged veteran Wayne Simmonds up-front and executed an impressive trade with the Golden Knights to obtain winger Nikita Gusev.
- That should bring quite a bit of interest to Newark as the club tries to make the playoffs for just the second time in the past eight seasons.
- But does Subban still have it?
- Having now been traded twice in the past four years, the 30-year-old has a lot of expectations to live up to — including three years left on his deal that carries an annual salary-cap hit of $9 million.
- The aggressive blueliner could help the Devils stagnant offense, but could he be a defensively liability?
- And Is Hughes ready?
- It’s been made very clear that the 18-year-old Hughes is going to get every chance to show he can not only stick in the NHL, but play in the top six.
- Although not the biggest player, at 5-foot-10, 170 pounds, his skating ability and vision already set him apart.
- Will Taylor Hall’s contract be a distraction?
- The 2018 Hart Trophy winner played only 33 games last season due to injury, and at 27 years old, he goes into the final year of his contract with the desire to keep his options open.
- The Devils would like to get him signed to a long-term extension, but if it doesn’t look possible, they might have to explore trade options.
RAW | Jack Hughes on Devils Media Day
RAW | Taylor Hall on Devils Media Day
Please follow and like us: