Oilers reveal alternate jersey for upcoming season
Fusing sport & culture, this special-edition jersey features modern & futuristic design elements that create a clean, sleek & bold new look.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 12, 2019
- The Edmonton Oilers have released photos and video of their new alternate jersey and fan reviews are mixed, to say the least. (Vote in our poll below.)
- Described as minimalist jerseys that were “inspired by the latest fashion trends” and “hockey culture,” the design has dropped the white accents from the traditional orange, blue and white jerseys.
- It’s the first time in the organization’s history the jersey doesn’t have the white accents.
“The result is a jersey that allows fans to support their team anytime and anywhere,” the team said in a press release.
- The jersey also features minimal piping, opting instead for “symmetrical striping” on the collar, upper sleeves, wrist and hem.
- The numbers are also 15 per cent bigger than on the other two jerseys.
- The team tweeted out the video and photos of the jersey on Thursday afternoon to mixed reviews.
- The Oilers also announced the jerseys will be worn at all Friday night home games this season.
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 vs. Detroit Red Wings @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Nov. 8, 2019 vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Dec. 6, 2019 vs. Los Angeles Kings @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Dec. 20, 2019 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Dec. 27, 2019 vs. Calgary Flames @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Jan. 31, 2020 vs. St. Louis Blues @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Feb. 21, 2020 vs. Minnesota Wild @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Mar. 13, 2020 vs. New York Islanders @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Mar. 20, 2020 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning @ 7:00 pm
Friday, Mar. 27, 2020 vs. San Jose Sharks @ 7:00 pm
Fans will be able to pre-order the jersey at Edmonton Oilers Fan Day on Sept. 14 at Rogers Place.
- Jerseys will be available for purchase at the Oilers Store at Rogers Place from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. from Sept. 16 – Sept. 20.