How Swede it is!
— St. Louis Blues 🏆 (@StLouisBlues) August 29, 2019
- On august 12, the Stanley Cup spent the day in Orebro, Sweden, the hometown of St. Louis Blues defenseman Carl Gunnarsson.
- Thousands turned up to see the Cup as Gunnarsson hoisted it triumphantly during a march down a cobblestone street.
- Gunnarsson, wearing a navy blue alternate-logo sweater last worn by the Blues during the 2015-16 season and Stanley Cup champions hat, took a few moments to engage with fans.
- After the informal parade, Gunnarsson and the Cup rode around in style, chilling in the back of a silver convertible.
- Among the stops was Stortorget, the main town square in central Stockholm, where Gunnarsson showed off the trophy to the crowd.
- Örebro Hockey, Gunnarsson’s hometown team, was among those to congratulate the defenseman.
Please follow and like us: