Is Brent Burns the best defenseman in the world right now?
#88 in your program, #1 on our list!
— NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) August 19, 2019
- After publishing a list of the NHL’s top 20 centers and top 20 wingers, the NHL Network has released its top defenseman ranking.
- Burns set a new high in points for his career despite turning 34 in March.
- But fans do not seem to agree.
- As a matter of fact, majority of them think Burns is overrated and to slow.
- That he’s only there because he’s adding up points on the powerplay.
- His defensive game is pretty average, and most of the people agree that the best defenseman playing for the Sharks is Erik Karlsson.
- And how about Victor Hedman?
- This guy just doesn’t make mistakes
- He’s a 6-foot-6, with graceful skating abilities, big shot, plays on the powerplay and [penalty kill],
- He’s always out there in big meaningful spots for the Tampa Bay Lightning,
- He’s that well-rounded, that good, and when you’re 6-foot-6, that makes a big difference because size does matter from that standpoint, especially the way he skates.
- We agree with the Fans on this one… Hedman is our number one.
— JButtry (@JButtry) August 19, 2019
Top 20 Defensemen Right Now Aug 18, 2019