Pat Maroon talks about life after Stanley Cup win
- Pat Maroon is still basking in Stanley Cup glory while waiting to see what his future holds.
“I’m a hometown hero, baby!!”
- That Pat Maroon “yell” at the Blues championship rally is now iconic.
- The Oakville kid got to live out every St. Louis kid’s dreams as he hoisted the Stanley Cup in his hometown.
- Now, almost two months removed from the run of a lifetime, Maroon is still basking in the Stanley Cup glory, while waiting to find out what his future holds.
- For a lot of us, the fact the Blues actually won the Stanley Cup is still surreal.
- Well, it’s surreal for Maroon, too.
“There are times when I’m sitting there at the gym and I’m like, ‘I can’t believe we won the Stanley Cup’. It’s insane to me. It’s real life,” Maroon said. “My name gets to go on the Stanley Cup. A St. Louis born player with the St. Louis Blues. Sometimes it doesn’t all click.”
— St. Louis Blues 🏆 (@StLouisBlues) August 7, 2019