Top 10 David Pastrnak plays from 2018-19
- When you look at David Pastrnak’s career stats, you’ll notice that this past season was only a one-point improvement over his previous campaign.
- “Huh,” you think. “That’s not that great.”
- No, maybe not…until you realize that one more point came in 16 fewer games.
- There really aren’t enough superlatives to describe Pastrnak’s game.
- He’s the Bruins best shooter.
- He’s their most creative offensive player.
- He’s their best scorer,
- He’s their most dangerous power play weapon,
- He’s their most exciting player.
- Pastrnak took everything he did in 2017-2018 and improved on it this season.
- If Pastrnak hadn’t gotten injured and had produced at the same pace, he would have cracked the 100-point mark.
- In his three full (i.e. not half-seasonish) NHL campaigns, he’s scoring at a pace of 1.04 points per game.
- He’s only 23, and won’t be 24 until late May.
- He’s improved his goal-scoring and total points numbers every season since he made his NHL debut.
- His 38-goal output this season wasn’t really a fluke either: his 16.2% shooting percentage represented only a slight increase over his previous seasons (13-14% range)
- Pastrnak put it all together this season, rolling with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron to put up career highs in goals (38) and points (81).
- He continued that run with a decent playoffs, tallying 19 points in 24 games.
- He was absolutely lethal on the power play, recording 17 goals and 16 assists with the man advantage.
David Pastrnak (#88) | All 38 Goals from 2018-19 Regular Season | BOS
Please follow and like us: