Assessing the risk of Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor signing offer sheets
- Winnipeg possesses $20.4 million in cap space to sign the two mentioned above plus Pionk and Copp.
- Those two filed for salary arbitration.
- If you trust Evolving Wild’s contract projections, there’s plenty of room:
- Laine at seven years and $7.1 million AAV
Connor at six years and $6.8 million AAV
Copp at two years at $2.2 million AAV
Pionk at two years at $2.9 million AAV
All this totals $19 million of Winnipeg’s $20.4 million remaining cap space.
- That means some wiggle room exists.
- Mike Liut is also the agent of Patrik Laine.
- Would a $9 million AAV offer sheet cause Winnipeg to walk?
- It could with Laine but not with Connor
- If Patrik Laine signs an offer sheet somewhere then things get interesting quick.
- Bob Mckenzie has speculated this week that they won’t be any Offer Sheet made until september.
- So the waiting game continues.
People seem to be thirsty for hockey news. While on vacation, I’m just thirsty. I laughed at someone who said, “Report Marner.” Now, I could be wrong but I’ll bet the vast majority of currently unsigned RFAs will still be unsigned when I report back for duty after Labour Day.
— Bobby Margarita (@TSNBobMcKenzie) July 15, 2019