Avalanche, Compher avoid arbitration with 4-year, $14M deal
Compher and COL, 4x$3.5M
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) July 17, 2019
- The Colorado Avalanche have signed forward J.T. Compher to a four-year contract with an average annual value of $3.5 million.
- Avs have now close to $17M cap space on their payroll with 21 players sign.
- Mikko Rantanen should be the last piece of the puzzle for Joe Sakic.
- Rantanen could be looking for a deal with a $9M AAV.
- This opens up the door for speculation.
- A Potential offer sheet could be made by Joe Sakic for a player like Patrik Laine.
- Avs could offer the finnish goal score a little bit more than 7M a year, but they will certainly have to add on some Bonus to the deal.
- To be continued…
Bob on Marner: “If Mikko Rantanen signed tomorrow for $9 million, you know what Mitch Marner is going to say about that? Who cares? That’s not my comparable; I choose my comparable. My comparable is Auston Matthews. So pay me. If you don’t pay me, I’m not showing up to camp” https://t.co/Bpuu2tCzoY
— Kristen Shilton (@kristen_shilton) June 19, 2019