Boeser confident about striking deal with Canucks
— Tim and Sid (@timandsid) July 11, 2019
- Restricted free-agent forward Brock Boeser isn’t worried about securing a new contract with the Vancouver Canucks.
- Brock Boeser said he is excited about the new players being added to the Vancouver Canucks roster for this season.
- He just wants to be a part of it.
“I feel confident we’re going to get the deal done and everything’s going to work out. I love Vancouver. The organization, the city, the fans, everything’s great there, and I want to be there for a long time.”
- The Canucks signed former Carolina Hurricanes forward Micheal Ferland to a four-year, $14 million contract (average annual value of $3.5 million) earlier in the day.
- They also acquired forward J.T. Millerfrom the Tampa Bay Lightning in a trade June 22 and added defensemen Tyler Myers (six years, $30 millon) and Jordie Benn (two years, $4 million) in free agency July 1.
- Boeser is exciting to see the team spending all that money for new acquisitions, but truth of the matter is, with RFA Nikolay Goldobin and him still not signed yet and only $5M left on the payroll for next year, the Vancouver Canucks have no choice but to make some moves to create space.
- It’s just a matter of time before they either buy Loui Eriksson out or trade him for some late draft picks.
- Agent J.P. Barry, who represents Canucks winger Loui Eriksson, said his client’s future in Vancouver remains uncertain.
- They met last month with Canucks GM Jim Benning, discussing Eriksson’s comments about friction with head coach Travis Green and what’s next for the winger.
- While Barry downplayed Eriksson’s remarks, he admitted both sides have looked into trade options.
- Eriksson’s got a no-trade clause but I daresay he’ll waive it to go to any NHL city at this point.
— Cassidy Campbell (@Cassidy66573516) July 11, 2019
Did You Know?
In 2021, the Vancouver Canucks will be paying $26 million to Loui Eriksson, J.T. Miller, Brandon Sutter, Tanner Pearson, Sven Baertschi and Jay Beagle.
And they won’t have a 1st round pick. pic.twitter.com/Nc4z61uhys
— Justin McElroy (@j_mcelroy) June 22, 2019