Coyotes ticket sales up 550 percent from 2018 after Kessel trade
View this post on Instagram
- For a Coyotes team that finished just two points out of a playoff spot last season, the Kessel acquisition is the biggest in a slew of messages to fans that the Coyotes are ready to contend.
- According to statistics obtained by The Republic, the Coyotes’ ticket sales have skyrocketed since the team traded for Kessel on June 29.
- Season-ticket sales are up 600% compared to the same week last summer, including a 550% increase in all ticket sales.
- The Coyotes have also seen an increase in their website traffic mobile app visits and social media engagement over that time.
“It’s certainly satisfying and exciting to see us doing something as a franchise that we feel makes us a much more competitive team and puts us in a better position to win,” Coyotes President and CEO Ahron Cohen said. “The fact that other people in this market are seeing that, fans are seeing that, and they’re jumping on board. It’s good, positive momentum for this organization.”
- After years and years (and years) of rebuilding, the Coyotes are making it clear that they’re finally ready to contend in the Western Conference. He should see time on the top line along fellow American centre Derek Stepan and from the looks of it, fans are already fired up about their newest goal-scorer.
— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) July 8, 2019