Canucks, Ferland closing in on contract
Hearing VAN and Micheal Ferland closing in a contract…not done yet, but headed that way
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) July 10, 2019
- The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to a four-year contract that carries a $3.5-million average annual value with free-agent forward Micheal Ferland
- Ferland, 27, is coming off a 17-goal, 40-point season with the Carolina Hurricanes —
- his second consecutive campaign with 40-plus points
- He is due for a raise from his $1.75-million cap hit.
- Term and AAV to be revealed out soon.
- Rumors has it that Canucks will lock him for the next 4 years.
Hearing the Micheal Ferland deal in Vancouver could be 4 years. #Canucks
— Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) July 10, 2019