Loui Eriksson is ready to get out of Vancouver
“For a lot of hockey seasons, it might be better for Loui to play somewhere else…”
J.P Barry with thoughts on Loui Eriksson’s future with the @Canucks
— Sportsnet 650 (@Sportsnet650) June 14, 2019
- According to Loui Eriksson’s agent, J.P Barry, he and the Vancouver Canucks are working on finding Eriksson a new home.
- Eriksson and the Canucks aren’t exactly the pair, things haven’t worked out for both parties.
- This shouldn’t come as a shock, Eriksson just hasn’t fit with the team since signing his contract as a free agent.
- He was originally signed to help the Sedin twins in their finals years but it just never clicked.
- He then never seemed to click anywhere else and thus saw his role diminish leading to a healthy scratch later last season.
- With the Canucks turning towards their youth, it was hard to envision where Eriksson would fit which is likely what has the Eriksson camp motivated to get a trade done.
- Eriksson does currently have a full no-trade clause.
- Goodbye Loui …
J,P says he talks to Jim Benning 2-3 times a week, “for a lot of hockey reasons, it might be better for Loui to play somewhere else.”
3 options for a #Canucks Loui Eriksson trade:
1) played out Eriksson for Lucic swap, VAN could swap picks to move up to #8 to snag a better prospect.
2) Senators, cap floor team, they could be in the hunt for fellow Swede Karlsson as well.
3) Habs, many options here in a deal
— Kakko𝕊𝕂𝕐 (@CanuckSyko) June 14, 2019