Sharks and Erik Karlsson continue to work at a potential contract extension
- Sharks defenseman Erik Karlsson is a little more than a week away from getting the opportunity to talk to all 31 NHL teams, when the interview period for free agents opens June 23.
- But Sharks are hoping it doesn’t come to that.
- In fact, they are currently working to offer a long term contract to the 2 time Norris Trophy Winner.
- According to a league source, Sharks are prepared to offer Karlsson $88M for the next 8 season.
- The exact same contract Drew Doughty signed last summer.
- Sharks have an advantage that no other team has in this situation.
- They are the only team that can offer him 8 years.
- After July 1, the maximum term Karlsson could sign with any team is 7 years.
Please follow and like us: