Teams are showing some real interest for Phillip Danault.
“Danault is fueling the discussions because of his production last year,” There are several teams who would like to see him in the role of third center player. ” I’m not saying Canadians are going to trade him, I’m talking about an interest across the league,”
Yvon Pedneault on Monday, TVA SPORT
- Pedneault mentioned the Edmonton Oilers, as an example, as a team that would need Danault.
- Edmonton could benefit from a responsible center player who would assist Connor McDavid and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
- It obviously seems highly unlikely that the attacker will change address during the summer, given his recent success and his important role on the team. Danault was the most used attacker of the CH in 2018-2019 and it represents one of the most beautiful acquisitions of the general manager Marc Bergevin.
- Danault is signed through 2020-21 with an affordable $3.083-million cap hit.
- The Canadiens are not currently looking at moving him at the moment.
- However, his future with the Habs could depend upon the development of promising young centers Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Ryan Poehling, and Nick Suzuki.
- If all three become full-time players and establish themselves as rising stars next season, perhaps the Canadiens might consider moving Danault.
- Marc Bergevin needs to be listening to offers while Danault value is on the rise on the market.
— TVA Sports (@TVASports) June 10, 2019