Montreal Canadiens have shown interest in Shayne Gostisbehere
— Dennis Bernstein (@DennisTFP) June 11, 2019
- According to the latest NHL trade rumors, the Montreal Canadiens have shown interest in trading for Philadelphia Flyers star defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere.
- This report comes from Anthony DiMarco, a reporter for The Fourth Period. Dennis Bernstein, a senior writer for The Fourth Period, confirmed the interest and noted forwards Andrew Shaw and Paul Byron are among the names that have been discussed on the Canadiens end.
- The Canadiens are looking to add something to their blueline and Gostisbehere could be a part of the solution.
- He’s left-handed and Montreal could use a difference maker on the left side.
- Especially since the right side is pretty stacked with Shea Weber, Jeff Petry, Noah Juulsen, and Christina Folin among the options there.
- Montreal needs more dynamic defensemen who can move the puck. Gostisbehere would certainly qualify as one. His 37 points last season would have ranked second among their defensmen, trailing only Petry.
- Gostisbehere also would have had the most points of the Canadiens left-handed defensemen.
Left Defenseman, USA
26 years old
5’11, 180 lbs
3rd round pick in 2012
298 GP, 46 G, 141 A, 187 PTS
— Etienne Ferland (@EtienneFerland) June 11, 2019