Patrice Bergeron Delivered Rousing Pregame Speech For Bruins Before Game 6 In St. Louis
📹 Patrice Bergeron didn’t discuss his pregame speech in our brief time with his postgame media scrum. But he had high praise for Tuukka Rask. pic.twitter.com/JK1eqlJdWR
— Bruins Daily (@BruinsDaily) June 10, 2019
If the Boston Bruins go on to lift the Stanley Cup later this week, Patrice’s speech will live in lore alongside Tuukka’s dominance and Zdeno Chara’s return from a broken jaw.
- Though Bergeron is still just 33 years old, he is one of the most experienced players in the entire NHL.
- And with both a Stanley Cup win and a Stanley Cup loss on his resume, Bergeron wanted to make sure that the latter would not be added to his or the team’s history on Sunday evening.
- This was not a typical pre-game speech.
- The exact content of that message will remain secret for now
- Jake DeBrusk (22 years old) and Charlie McAvoy (21 years old) spoke after their 5-1 victory about the type of impact a message from Bergeron can have on a team.
- Bergeron backed it up, too.
- He was one of the few Boston skaters who kept the puck moving in the right direction during a tense first period.
- It is basically an open secret at this point that he’s playing at well less than 100 per cent, but that didn’t keep him from firing three shots on goal during the key opening 20.
Patrice Bergeron delivered a pregame speech to his Bruins teammates tonight, one apparently for the ages too. “We are in a situation that is everyone’s childhood’s dream here and we must realize it,” Bergeron said of his speech. “He’s a legend,” Jake DeBrusk said of Bergeron.
— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) June 10, 2019
Charlie McAvoy says Patrice Bergeron stepped up with the pre-game message. “It was exactly what we needed.” He said his first #StanleyCup run has been such an emotional rollercoaster that it was tough until Bergeron spoke.
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) June 10, 2019
Jake DeBrusk and Charlie McAvoy said that Patrice Bergeron delivered quite the speech in the locker room ahead of this game.
DeBrusk: “It made us all want to run through a wall.”
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) June 10, 2019
NHL Highlights | Bruins vs. Blues, Game 6 – June 9, 2019