Kuznetsov cleared after NHL investigation into white powder video
— HockeyTroll.ca (@Hockeytroll_ca) May 27, 2019
- Kuznetsov was flying back to Washington on Monday when the video surfaced on social media and he landed to a barrage of messages from reporters and also the Russian national team.
- In his haste to explain, he initially confused the timeline, the person familiar with the investigation said.
- Kuznetsov’s interview with the Capitals was in-person.
- The Washington Capitals have released the following statement on Evgeny Kuznetsov:
“In addition to doing our own due diligence, we met with Evgeny to discuss the video circulated on social media. While we are disappointed by his presence in the video, we accept his explanation and apology for putting himself in an unfortunate situation. Evgeny has been a terrific player and an active member of our community, and we expect him to learn from this experience and uphold both the standards the organization has for him as well as his own.”
- Washington Capitals forward Evgeny Kuznetsov has released the following statement:
“I would like to address the video of me that appeared online on Monday. While I have never taken illegal drugs in my life and career, I would like to publicly apologize to the Capitals, my teammates, our fans and everyone else, for putting myself in a bad situation. This was a hard lesson for me to learn.”
- They really think we are that stupid???
- Who believes this crap?
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) May 31, 2019