It all comes down to those 4 teams for Erik Karlsson
Elliotte Friedman, says 4 teams, including San Jose, that are the front-runners in signing Erik Karlsson this off-season.
Vancouver Canucks, Tampa Bay Lightning, San Jose Sharks and the New York Rangers are all the front-runners in trying to sign Karlsson this off-season
— Vikingstad (@HockeyRockBeer) May 29, 2019
- Maybe Pettersson counts for something in Vancouver.
- From what we’ve heard, Erik is not interested to comeback in a Canadian Market unless he plays with Elias Pettersson.
- After his latest injury, if Karlsson will need surgery, that may push franchises away from signing the elite defenceman and could push Karlsson away from signing a big contract.
- Maybe the prolific defenseman won’t be able to choose after all.
- The 28-year-old defenseman, who will turn 29 on May 31, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. I
- In a recent tweet, he thanked the team and its fans but signalled no intention of returning.
Thank you to the entire @SanJoseSharks organization, fans, and especially teammates. It was a great run that ended too early. But lots of great memories where created. The entire Bay Area has been nothing but classy and respectful to me and my family. Thank you.
— Erik Karlsson (@ErikKarlsson65) May 24, 2019
— Eric Saites (@EricSaites) August 23, 2018