Pavol Demitra chant from the fans at the Steel arena
— Here’s Your Replay ⬇️ (@HeresYourReplay) May 21, 2019
- 38th minute salute for the great Pavol Demitra, whose last competitive games were played as Slovakian captain the last time his country hosted the Worlds, in 2011.
- He died at age 36 that autumn before his club team’s season opener, one of so many tragic stories from Yaroslavl.
- Pavol Demitra was in the plane crash that was carrying KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl on 7 September 2011.
- Demitra played for St. Louis from 1996 to 2004.
- If hockey gods do exist, Pavol will carry the Blues to their first Stanley Cup.
- RIP Pavel…
— IIHF (@IIHFHockey) May 21, 2019
Blues honor Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev 11/8/11