Brayden Schenn Scores After Net Gets Dislodged, Deemed Good Goal After Review
- Brayden Schenn ties the game after initially having the goal reviewed after the net was knocked off.
- At 13:52 of the third period in the Blues/Jets game, the Referee initiated a video review to determine if the puck crossed the Winnipeg goal line between the normal positions of the goal posts.
- The original call on the ice was “no goal”.
- The Situation Room informed the Referees that the puck entered the Winnipeg net between the normal position of the goal posts.
- The Referee then awarded the goal to St. Louis because of the actions of Dustin Byfuglien caused the Winnipeg net to become displaced as Brayden Schenn was in the act of shooting the puck into the Winnipeg net.
- The decision was made in relation to Rule 63.6 which states in part:
“In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions of a defending player, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.”
- Good goal St. Louis.
- Then, moments later, Jaden Schwartz disappoints the Jets’ whiteout crowd by scoring the game-winning goal with just 15 seconds remaining in regulation.
Jaden Schwartz Scores Game-Winner Against Jets In Final 15 Seconds
Go inside the locker room to see how the Blues celebrated a dramatic comeback win in Game 5
The extremely passionate reaction from Jordan Binnington after Jaden Schwartz scored with 15 seconds left in the third … pic.twitter.com/FLnij7y8is
— Cristiano Simonetta (@CMS_74_) April 19, 2019
Delivering a GWG with just 15 seconds remaining Thursday in Gm5 vs the Jets, Jaden Schwartz moved into a tie for 3rd on this clutch @StLouisBlues franchise #StanleyCup Playoff list pic.twitter.com/eEkeclk3Or
— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) April 19, 2019
Jaden Schwartz, Alex Pietrangelo and Brayden Schenn after a Game 5 win
April 18: Berube postgame
POSTGAME REPORT: April 18, 2019
NHL Highlights | Blues vs Jets, Game 5 – April 18, 2019