Islanders Shake Hands With Penguins, Advance After Series Sweep
- The New York Islanders defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins 3-1 to complete the sweep and advance to the second round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins failed to win a single playoff game for the first time since Sidney Crosby’s rookie season.
- They Scored six total goals.
- Swept for the fourth time in franchise history, second in the first round.
- The offseason should be interesting.
- Now if the Capitals get past the Hurricanes, they’ll play the New York Islanders and former coach Barry Trotz in the second round.
- Btw… That was Islanders First series sweep since 1983.
- Jordan Eberle has been the X factor for the Islanders by scoring a goal in each game in this series .
Off to one of the best starts to a #StanleyCup Playoff by a @NYIslanders player in years, Jordan Eberle had a goal in each game of their 4-game sweep of PIT to tie for 1st here pic.twitter.com/KzUpUXEluW
— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) April 17, 2019
The Islanders lose Tavares. Barzal’s regular season point production tumbles by 23 points from the previous year. So of course they make the playoffs and sweep Sidney Crosby and the Penguins. #HotToTrotz
— Steve Warne (@TSNSteve) April 17, 2019
NHL Highlights | Islanders vs Penguins, Game 4 – April 16, 2019
Crosby: “We didn’t execute well and made a few more mistakes than they did. Personally, I’ve got to be better… It’s disappointing for how well we finished the year and the things we played through to get into this position.”
— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) April 17, 2019
— Post Sports (@PostSports) April 17, 2019
Mike Sullivan Talks Penguins Disappointing Playoff Exit
NYI 3 Vs PIT 1: Barry Trotz