Evgeny Svechnikov is going to kill Ovi next year, isn’t he?
Evgeny Svechnikov is out to avenge his brother against Alex Ovechkin.
Not sure what his end game is. pic.twitter.com/lpEfrmqij3
— Complete Hockey News (@CompleteHkyNews) April 16, 2019
- The fight didn’t sit well with Svechnikov’s older brother, who took to Instagram on Monday night to post, “One, two Freddy’s coming for you,” tagging Ovechkin’s official account.
- The line is a nod to the “Nightmare on Elm Street” movie franchise, in which Freddy Krueger haunts the dreams of teens.
- It was the first playoff fight for Ovechkin, a 14-year veteran and surefire Hall-of-Famer.
- Red Wings forward Evgeny Svechnikov missed all of last season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during an exhibition game.
- One of the items on his to-do list next season, obviously, is to make the Red Wings roster.
- The next appears to be evening a score with Alex Ovechkin.
- The Washington Capitals star got into a scrap Monday night with Svechnikov’s younger brother, .
- Ovechkin sent fellow Russian Svechnikov, 19, to the ice with a right hook with 9:01 left in the first period.
- Svechnikov needed help getting to the dressing room, and since has been placed in the concussion protocol.
- Ovechkin is listed at 6-foot-3, 235 pounds — an inch taller and 40 pounds heavier than the younger Svechnikov.
- Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour, a former Michigan State standout, said Tuesday that Svechnikov will miss Game 4 on Thursday night in Raleigh, and the team is “certainly not going to rush him back.”
In Case You Missed It: Bonus Angles Of Alex Ovechkin Knocking Out Andrei Svechnikov