Reaves responds to Thornton’s jab with chirps about his age
Oh boy. Ryan Reaves on Thornton’s reply to the Nosek hit: “I’ve got a buddy with a grandpa who’s going through the same thing. He can’t see very well because he’s getting old. Needs glasses. If he gets suspended he’s going to have a hard time seeing from the press box” #VegasBorn
— Justin Emerson (@J15Emerson) April 15, 2019
- Reaves and Thornton have been going after one another pretty hard since the Knights took Game Three.
- Thornton threw a nice little chirp in on the Vegas enforcer after he dropped the gloves with Sharks 30-goal-scorer Evander Kane.
- Kane held his own in the fight, but we’re not exactly sure we entirely agree with Thornton’s comments.
- Reaves responded Monday by taking a shot at the 39-year-old Thorton over his impending hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety over his hit to the head of Vegas winger Tomas Nosek during Game 3 and his insistence that he “barely touched him.”
- With three hard-fought games in the books already, it appears this series just gained another level of intrigue. The two teams meet Tuesday at 10:30 p.m. ET with Vegas holding a 2-1 lead.
— Justin Sanchez (@SanchezJustinJ) April 15, 2019