Gets Penalty For Head Contact After High Hit On Tomas Nosek
- Joe Thornton receives a 2 minute penalty for head contact after he hits Tomas Nosek high.
- This has to be suspended, otherwise it’s open season for the rest of the playoffs.
- Not a good look from Joe Thornton here.
- Jumbo Joe may be in some hot water after this one.
- This should at the very minimum be a single game suspension.
- Maybe more…
- Assuming Thornton is fined or suspended, it would be the second incident with Vegas in which he received supplemental discipline.
- In late March, he was fined $2,500 for high-sticking Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves.
“Honestly, I thought I barely touched him. He came right back. It’s just one of those plays. I think my son hits me like that six times a day, it’s just a weird position he put himself in. That’s all.”
Joe Thornton ▶️▶️▶️ Tomas Nosek#HfHits
Fleury was ready to fight him for this one. Didn’t happen. 😔 pic.twitter.com/eJIpqi78mY
— hockeyfights (@hockeyfights) April 15, 2019
NHL Highlights | Sharks vs Golden Knights, Game 3 – April 14, 2019