Blue Jackets hold on to beat Lightning, grab 3-0 series lead
NHL Highlights | Lightning vs Blue Jackets, Game 3 – April 14, 2019
- Oliver Bjorkstrand scored the eventual winner and Sergei Bobrovsky made 29 saves as the Blue Jackets take Game 3 over the Lightning 3-1 for a 3-0 series lead.
- Columbus will try to win a playoff series for the first time in franchise history in Game 4 at home Tuesday night.
- EPIC collapse by the Tampa Bay Lighting.
- Without their top scorer, the suspended Nikita Kucherov, and injured defenceman Victor Hedman, the Lightning and couldn’t find any momentum until late in the final period, and then Bobrovsky rose to the challenge.
- The best team in the league this year have scored 2 goals in the last eight periods.
- After almost two decades of being largely ignored or overlooked in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets are making their presence known full force in this first round.
- Teams have come back from 3-0 deficit to win a playoff series on just four previous occasions.
- The last time was in 2014, when the Los Angeles Kings dug out of the hole in the opening series against San Jose and eventually won the Stanley Cup.
CBJ IS UP 3-0 ON THE FRAUDS CALLED THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTING BABY pic.twitter.com/439z2N7Ftv
— PJ (Ian Happ Curse Campaign) (@dadoszn43) April 15, 2019
Walking into the office like pic.twitter.com/F4Tr9IzSHX
— x-Columbus Blue Jackets (@BlueJacketsNHL) April 15, 2019