Mike Smith dazzles with 26-save shutout in Game 1
- Mike Smith makes a nice glove save on Nathan MacKinnon.
- Mike Smith is 18th goalie with a shutout and an assist in a playoff game.
- He’s also the 12th goaltender in NHL history to go at least 2,500 days between playoff games and first since Curtis McElhinney in 2018 (3,276 days).
- Martin Brodeur had three.
- Last was Pekka Rinne in 2017 vs CHI… he had two assists in that game
- Showered by endless chants of his name, something he hadn’t heard all season, netminder Mike Smith skated off the Saddledome ice after Game 1 as the first star of the night.
“I haven’t experienced anything like that in my career.” –
– Mike Smith on the “Smitty” chants throughout the night
Have mercy, Mike Smith! pic.twitter.com/HPVmWw953B
— NHL on NBC (@NHLonNBCSports) April 12, 2019
— NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) April 12, 2019
— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) April 12, 2019
Notching a helper on the #Flames empty netter while stopping all 25 shots he faced, Mike Smith joined this list of goalies dating back over the past 13 seasons of #StanleyCup Playoff play pic.twitter.com/H54nSACsl1
— StatsCentre (@StatsCentre) April 12, 2019
— Sportsnet 960 (@Sportsnet960) April 12, 2019
“In front of your home fans, you want to make them proud.”
Mike Smith sounds off on tonight’s 4-0 win over the Avs. pic.twitter.com/FFBJx60DG9
— z – Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) April 12, 2019
NHL Highlights | Colorado Avalanche vs Calgary Flames, Game 1 – Apr 11, 2019