Craig Button’s TSN Hockey Mock Draft: Post-Lottery Edition
- With the Devils earning the first pick in the upcoming 2019 NHL Entry Draft, Craig Button does a post-lottery mock draft and says Jack Hughes will be a great fit in New Jersey and also looks at who the Oilers, Canucks and Canadiens could all grab with their picks in the first round.
- Jack Hughes, C, USNTDP, 5-foot-10, 168 pounds: At the head of a prestigious class as the most prolific point producer the USNTDP has ever seen. Headed to the U18s next, will he play at the men’s worlds in May?
- Kaapo Kakko, RW, TPS (Liiga), 6-foot-2, 194 pounds: Head-to-head against Hughes at the U18s would be every scouts preference. Since that won’t happen, Kakko can level the playing field or jump to No. 1 if his game at the men’s worlds is the same as it has been all season in the Liiga.
- Vasily Podkolzin, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL), 6-foot-1, 190 pounds: High character and off-the-charts compete combined with work ethic and skill make for a complete package.
- Dylan Cozens, C, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL), 6-foot-3, 181 pounds: With the disappointment of an early and unexpected playoff exit, Cozens has a second life at the U18 worlds.
- Kirby Dach, C, Saskatoon Blades (WHL), 6-foot-3, 199 pounds: A cerebral game with everything in place to become a top-notched NHL player.
Please follow and like us: