Slava Voynov suspended by NHL until at least 2020 for domestic violence
Former Kings defenceman barred indefinitely in 2014 after being arrested for domestic abuse https://t.co/ArESuPdIpX
— Hockey Night in Canada (@hockeynight) April 9, 2019
- The NHL announced, a few hours before the lottery, that defenceman Slava Voynov will be suspended for one year.
- After their investigation and meeting in late March, the NHL has decided to suspend Slava Voynov for the 2019-20 season as well as for the playoffs.
- He can not be back in the league until July 1, 2020.
- Again, he can not afford another misbehavior, otherwise the league could simply ban him for life.
- The LA Kings still have Voynov rights in the NHL.
- He will be 30 years old when his suspension is over.
- Signing the UFA player at that point will probably not be worth it.
If you don’t recall, details from Voynov’s police report: (DV warning): https://t.co/VzyKxz0w5X
— Alison (@AlisonL) April 9, 2019