Elias Pettersson is now part of the elite group in this league
Elias Pettersson is a damn magician. 👏
— theScore (@theScore) April 7, 2019
I didn’t find it difficult at all
1. Elias Pettersson
2. Miro Heiskanen
3. Rasmus Dahlin
4. Brady Tkachuk
5. Andreas Johnsson
who is missing except Jordan Binnington? https://t.co/0dO5SNsqX3
— steve simmons (@simmonssteve) April 7, 2019
- Although the Canucks missed the playoffs for a third consecutive season and for the fourth time in five years, this did not stop the young Swede from turning a lot of heads across the league.
- The Canucks’ first-round pick in 2017 (fifth overall) finished the NHL scouting season with 66 points in 71 games, 21 more than his closest rival, Senators Brady Tkachuk of Ottawa (45 points).
- Although Travis Green’s team finished with the Western Association’s fourth worst goal differential (under-29), Pettersson managed to maintain a plus-3 positive return.
- In the final weeks of the calendar, he managed to surpass Pavel Bure and Ivan Hlinka’s record for points in a season for a Canucks rookie of 61.
- The native of Sundsvall, Sweden, did not take a long time to get going.
- He began his career in the NHL with a five-game streak with at least one point and also scored ten goals in his first ten games.
- From the first day of training camp, Pettersson impressed his teammates.
- The 20-year-old center has been very consistent throughout the season having only two straight four-game streaks without blackening the score sheet.
- He also had two nights with five points and 15 games with two points or more.