Buffalo saw what Todd McLellan was able to do in Edmonton
In reference to my pal Eric’s report, here’s my understanding of the situation: Todd McLellan is a leading candidate if not THE leading candidate to replace Phil Housley as BUF HC. McLellan has also been in negotiation with LA and the Kings appear to remain in the mix. https://t.co/ZengSbqUR5
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) April 8, 2019
- Suddenly making the playoffs in the Eastern Conference just got a whole lot tougher.
- Buffalo saw what Todd McLellan was able to do in Edmonton with a bunch of young players and decided they wanted to take that path too.
- It would be a hard blow for the Los Angeles Kings, who had Todd McLellan on top of their list.
- He had an excellent reputation before joining Edmonton
- It would certainly be a big investment for the Sabers.
- With the Hurricanes in the playoffs, the Sabres now have the longest active sequence without participating to postseason action.
- They have not qualified since 2011 and have not won a round since 2007
I’m hearing that Todd McLellan is closing in on an agreement to replace Phil Housley as the next coach of the Buffalo Sabres and that an announcement could come as early as tomorrow.
— Eric Duhatschek (@eduhatschek) April 8, 2019