Devan Dubnyk alertly leaves the dislodged net for an extra attacker
- Wild goaltender Devan Dubnyk notices the net is off its moorings and alertly skates to the bench so his team can get the extra skater in search of the game-tying goal
- The announcers are making Dubnyk look like a dumbass, meanwhile, that’s probably one of the smartest plays he could have done.
- That was pure awareness by Devan.
- But wait, maybe not that smart…
- What if the ref had put back the net in his place, the empty net goal would have count.
- The problem is that the official put the net back, which forced Devan Dubnyk to come back on the ice and as the Wild had one more skater, they were punished for having too many players on the rink .
- It did not cost a goal in Minnesota, but they lost 1-0 to the Predators because Juuse Saros did not let anything pass.
- They’re still two points behind the playoffs with one more game than the Avalanche
Hear from Devan Dubnyk, Bruce Boudreau & Jason Zucker on Duby’s intelligent move to leave the goal when the net was off, but unfortunately ended in miscommunication 👇 pic.twitter.com/pVtLf7VG3j
— Minnesota Wild (@mnwild) March 26, 2019
NHL Game Highlights | Predators vs. Wild – March 25, 2019
Please follow and like us: